Monday, August 10, 2009

My attempt at Boudoir

Lingerie camisole: Old Navy, Cardigan: New York & Co., Shorts: Old Navy, Necklace: Vintage from great-grandmother, Bracelets: Random.

This is my attempt at Boudoir, on my crappy IPhone camera.



Brittany in Boudoir @ Brittany's Cleverly Titled Blog
Leila and I went Musueming on Saturday, and I wanted something cute and comfortable that could get me through a few hours in the inner city of Houston. Those who know me know that I often don't stray too far west of Stafford (which means I don't technically get INTO Houston very often).

We had a great time and saw lots of really, really good works of art. I can't believe how many expensive pieces were available for viewing. I also can't believe that they aren't all locked up somewhere between plates of steel and bullet-proof glass. I just don't think I should be able to reach out and touch a Monet if I want to.

After visiting the Musuem of Fine Art, L and I headed across the street to the Musuem of Contemporary Art. It was free to get into, which is good because it wasn't nearly as impressive as the Fine Art musuem. I'm sure that is my own unoriginal fault, but most of the things we saw left me with a crooked headed, squinty-eyed and confused look on my face. We did get to draw on our own fake dollar bill. The greatest thing about the Musuem of Contemporary Art, however, was the gift shop available on the bottom floor.

Leila bought the greatest purse ever...

Chicken Purse @ Brittany's Cleverly Titled Blog
(Why yes, that is a giant chicken purse. We are on a mission to find an egg-shaped wallet now.)

Afterwards, we went to the finals of Sugar Land Superstar and had too much wine and cheese. Here is evidence...



Too Much Wine @ Brittany's Cleverly Titled Blog



Nice.


And then, of course, like any good ending to a weekend filled with culture...

We watched the entire first season on Nip/Tuck on the couches in the living room all day on Sunday. Its impressive, we know. We didn't even stop for lunch...we just had the pizza delivery man bring it to us :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails