Friday, August 14, 2009

Express Stripes

Jacket: Norma Kamali (from Walmart), Shirt: Express, Jeans: Victoria's Secret, Necklace: Gift from Ginny (Hill Country Gifts), Earrings: Gift from Tommy (Zales), Flats: Merona (Target)

I'm having another headache morning today. I think this one is less related to my recent bout of migraines, and more because I got about 3 hours of sleep last night. I tried a new taco/burrito restaurant by my house last night...probably the last time I go there. Which is really disappointing because while I was in there I learned you could get 44 ou. margaritas TO GO. Maybe I'll give the margaritas another try.

new bangs @ Brittany's Cleverly Titled Blog new bangs @ Brittany's Cleverly Titled Blog
Today I am debuting a brand new haircut! I haven't had bangs since I was in high school, and sadly, those were generally the scary sausage-roll type early 90s bangs. I used to have a cyst above my left eyebrow which forced me to wear bangs of some kind to cover it up. I had it removed a few years ago, and went crazy knowing I was no longer forced to have a forehead cover up. I have an oval-shaped face, but I do think I have a high forehead, so I probably look best with bangs. I don't know. Its fun to get to play with different hairstyles. I took some length off too, but not enough so that my husband could qualify my new haircut as "short." That is the dreaded word to describe women's (especially my) hair, in his opinion. He is just no fun.


I also got this shirt last weekend when Leila and I went shopping. Its from Express (one of my three go-to labels) and is super comfortable. I tried on several pairs of jeans last night with this top, however. The horizontal stripe tends to hit right where the waist of my jeans do, and makes me look a little larger over that gray stripe. I'll just be sucking in today, I guess. I can't wait until Fall to wear this with leggings. For some reason the shirt and the haircut make me feel "rocker"-ish today, and I agree that its pretty silly that this is as "rebellious" as I get. So, even though I feel like crap, I tried to look like I'm a bundle of fun in my photo!
trying to be a rock star @ Brittany's Cleverly Titled Blog


lucky necklace @ Brittany's Cleverly Titled BlogThe necklace in this picture is my "lucky" necklace. I wear it whenever I need an extra boost of confidence or luck or just a little something to get me through the day. My grandmother bought it for me at this little gift store in Llano--for $1.00. Solely by coincidence, I've been wearing this necklace when some devasting things have happened in my life (which you might think would make this my unluckygray flats @ Brittany's Cleverly Titled Blog necklace...except that those scary things have all turned out okay). It matches anything, too. When my dad ended up in ICU after taking a serious head fall, I wore this necklace everyday for 5 a.m. visits. It can go with anything and ever since then, its been comforting to me. These earrings are from the husband. They make me happy. More flats today, with too long of pants, but as I've explained, I get excited about being able to describe my pants as "too long"!!
La familia is coming in this weekend, and I hope that I'm rested and recovered by the time they get here so that I can be as chipper as they expect from me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails