Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Brittany Being Joan

Shirt--Express; Skirt--Cato; Earrings--Gift from Christie; Inspiration: Joan Holloway (Mad Men)

My friends love Mad Men. For me, its a show that I enjoy watching, but it doesn't captivate me in the way that my other shows (namely, True Blood) do. I love the premises of Mad Men, and I lovelovelove the outfits, and even the story line is good. I bought Season 1 on DVD and watched the whole thing. I guess its time to buy Season 2 and give it another go. Leila claims that the first episode of Season 3 was "amazing."

brittany as joan holloway @ Brittany's Cleverly Titled Blogbrittany as joan holloway @ Brittany's Cleverly Titled Blogbrittany as joan holloway @ Brittany's Cleverly Titled Blogbrittany as joan holloway @ Brittany's Cleverly Titled Blog


So, in honor of such, here's my best Mad Men outfit. I think its my Joan outfit. Leila says I need a little more cleavage (this applies in every situation), and I think I need a bit more sex appeal, but this is as sexy as I get at work. My attitude just isn't in the right place knowing there's a phone conference at 9:00 and an inspection later today I haven't taken care of yet!


Go ahead, make fun of my vavavoom poses. I don't mind! I tried to wear some bright lipstick today, which I never wear. I always go for light pink, or my go-to "lipstick" is Lip Smackers lip gloss (3/$1!!) This coral has almost already completely come off by now, but I did make an effort!!

I kept my jewelry low key--simple silver hoops, a silver ring and silver bracelet. Joan doesn't need jewelry to stand out. She just does. I wish I had the energy to borrow her attitude for the day!

i can't sew @ Brittany's Cleverly Titled Blog
If you'd like to make fun of me some more, look how "un-girly" I am. I can't sew. I have a sewing machine and Sewing for Dummies, but have never even turned the thing on. My hem line was peeking out a bit from the bottom of my skirt...so I "sewed" it up with some safety pins. I know, I know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails