Monday, August 24, 2009

Wishing for Fall?


Blue oxford--Merona (Target); pinky-purple vest--New York & Co.; Black skirt--Cato; Belt--Target; Shoes--Payless; Necklace/Earrings--Gift from Kimberly

inspired by Lucky @ Brittany's Cleverly Titled BlogLucky inspired @ Brittany's Cleverly Titled Blog


You know, after looking at these picture, I think I'm going to tuck the oxford in. It doesn't look very neat how its half-hanging out from under the sweater vest.

Another weekend spent in my hometown. I really enjoy getting to spend time with my family, but it exhausts me right now to be away from home and not sleep in my own bed. Trying to fit two dogs (especially a giant one like Ellie Rae) and two people into a full size bed when you are used to a king size is not much fun.

This outfit comes almost directly out of Lucky magazine's 30 days of outfits from last November. I fell in love with so many of the outfits from that suggestion that I cut out most of them and kept them in my very own lookbook. This is probably more of a fall outfit (especially since it was featured in a fall edition) but I needed to dress up a little to inspire me to go to work this morning :) Plus, I'm craving fall fashion this year. I don't know how kindly I'm going to take to a hot Houston fall and winter.
Lucky's look @ Brittany's Cleverly Titled Blog


6-feet tall with 3-inch heels @ Brittany's Cleverly Titled BlogI love these shoes. I'm not sure how they work with this outfit though, because I like to play them up with a bit of irony--they are very school-marmy to me, and I like to wear them with something a little less preppy. The heel is giant for me (when you're 6' tall, you don't often wear a 3" heel) but they are really comfortable. They look great in the fall with tights.

My jewelry is my bridesmaid's jewelry from Kimberly's wedding. It is very classic, and I can throw it on with any outfit and automatically make it pulled together and lovelier.






P.S. I think I'm getting the hang of these bangs!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails