Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Black & Gold

Black wrap dress--Walmart (believe it!); Red camisole--Aeropostale; Shoes--Payless; Necklace--Aldo.black wrap dress @ Brittany's Cleverly Titled Blog
My entire outfit maybe cost $50. When I bought this dress from Walmart, I was ecstatic. It was about $25 and can be worn all year round, and really fits me quite well. These shoes do not fit so well, on the other hand. I have a skirt they match perfectly with, but I noticed that I really only wear these shoes with that skirt...and the skirt I normally wear them with is black lace over a gold skirt, so its a bit matchy-matchy. I wanted to wear them with somethingelse (so I took a risk and wore them with a black dress--brave, huh?!)

lace heels @ Brittany's Cleverly Titled Blog
If you want to read a great blog on wrap dresses, check out Kasmira's "Multiple Looks with One Wrap Dress" entry. Kasmira is pretty much my inspiration on lots of occasions--we don't often dress alike (she is much more creative than me) but I can pull a ton of ideas from her.

Blair Waldorf wore a bow-shaped necklace in one episode on Season One of Gossip Girl. I saw this necklace on Aldo's website in silver, and wanted it desperately, but never bought it. Eventually they sold out. I went into Aldo over Christmas to cash in a gift card and they had it in gold for $3! I hardly ever wear gold (it looks bold, and dare I say, often quite garish on me) but I actually like this piece in gold--it stands out, and I feel like it should.
gold bow necklace @ Brittany's Cleverly Titled Blog


bow in my ponytail @ Brittany's Cleverly Titled Blog



I'm also rocking the ponytail/bow combo, which I've been wary of since I got bangs. I hated the way my bangs looked on this day last week, but I like them today. Yay for getting the hang of bangs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails