Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Work Appropriate in Contrasting Stripes


I'm feeling so much like the self I want to be today!  I think I struggle with two gals inside me--a professional woman who likes to look as ladylike as possible, and the girl who is still in college and wonders why I can't just dress up a pair of jeans everyday.  The career woman won today, mainly because I had to meet some oil guys from Houston at the airport for a meeting today.

I am so happy with this $.99 belt I thrifted this weekend.  It matches perfectly with these heels.  Somebody please explain to me why I haven't owned a hot pink belt before??!

This is as cheating at pattern mixing as you can get, but something about it spoke to me.  I love the contrast--the skirt is navy with light blue pin stripes and the top is white with french blue stripes.  I think the matching belt and shoes just pull it all together perfectly!

P.S.  I bought that necklace my first day of my first trip to Las Vegas...and I came out $50, which is pretty good considering my attitude towards gambling -- why take a chance playing slots or cards with my money, when I could just go buy a lovely pair of shoes and guarantee that I'll come home with something?!

7 comments:

  1. You look fabulous! I love the navy, white and hot pink. I've never seen that combo and it's awesome! Those heels are fantastic and the belt for a buck? Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the outfit! I struggle with the professional vs. casual battle all the time. My office dress code is business casual and it's sometimes hard to find a happy medium between my personal style and something that is office appropriate but not boring!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh hot pink, yes, they spice up any outfit for sure! I think this is one of my fave looks of you!

    You look sooo professional! What industry do you work at?

    xoxo,

    http://twentyyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fab in stripes...and the extra touches of color are perfect here!!! well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very professional chic! I love the red accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute girl!!! I love how the red just pulls it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this a lot.
    I also like that you KNOW you totally rocked in it ..!
    Well done.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails