Thursday, February 25, 2010

Old Favorites

Black and red striped silk oxford: Ann Taylor, black corset pencil skirt: Express, black mary janes: Payless



I've felt a little sloppy the last few days, so I thought I'd dress it up a little today.  Also, I noticed I hadn't worn this shirt in almost a year.  The problem with it is that I absolutely ADORE it: I paid a pretty penny for it (by my standards) and I love that it's Texas Tech red and black, and its so soft and pretty feeling...and so I find myself "saving" it and thus never wearing it!  Enough! 


I also adore this skirt.  Often times at Express and New York & Co., I refuse to pay full price for anything.  I know that within two to three weeks it will be on sale, so why buy it straight off the rack.  I did, however, pay the full $70 for this skirt the second I saw it at the Las Vegas Express last year.  (The fact that I was up $100 in black jack may have played into that decision.)  I'm disappointed in Express now though, because over the last year they've produced a cheaper looking skirt that is the same concept--a corset tie up in the back, but its in bright bold colors like red...and it just looks tacky to me compared to my beloved skirt.  So here's a "butt shot" so you can see how cute it is! (The skirt, not the butt. wink)


Crazy hair today!

2 comments:

  1. very very cute. Doesn't that just irk you when you know something is going to go on sale or when you find a cheaper exact version of something you spent a chunk of $$ on. But your comment is true - sometimes the cheaper version looks like it!

    Very cute look today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a super shirt! The colors and design are eye-catching.

    And the skirt's a perfect complement. Smart buy, at any price.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails