Monday, January 31, 2011

How to Prepare for Snow, or Why is There Only One Decent Grocery Store in My Town?


Right now, it is 70 degrees in my town.  A cold front is coming tomorrow, and you might equate it with the second coming of Christ, or at least Thanksgiving or Christmas week.  Because that's what we're doing here.  To be fair, there IS a pretty good chance of snow, and there's a slight chance some of it might stick, and an even slighter chance that we'll all get a snow day and get to stay home and enjoy it.

CJ and I went to the grocery store at lunch today.  It was AWFUL.  Imagine your local grocery at 5:00 p.m. the day before Thanksgiving.  That's what today was like.  Bottled water was flying off the shelves.  Older ladies weilding oxygen tanks were wheezing at their husbands to Get More Starter Logs!  I got in a fist fight with a 4 year old over the last jar of Jif.

Ok, I may be exaggerating.  But I'm not exaggerating a lot.

All I wanted was some lunchmeat to last me the rest of the week.  Is that too much to ask?

So be looking forward to my outfit tomorrow.  If I trust the weather, I'll be in full Eskimo regalia - parka, snow boats, and some handwarmers to avoid frostbite on the walk into my building from my car.  If you don't hear from me, just know that I'm probably stranded freezing to death in some snow bluff off the highway. 

Or there really is a Snow Day at my office.

Fingers crossed - hope, hope.


4 comments:

  1. I hate that rush before a storm! Why does everyone need milk? You look fab to ride out the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this outfit! Pink, black, and white go so perfectly together. And the jewelry is just gorgeous! I want to try to recreate this outfit...I think I'm going to! And I'll give you full credit for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that skirt, I love it!!! This is perfect with the scarf and kitten heels and that jacket is FABULOUS!

    Hope you get your snow day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My fingers are crossed for a snow day too, pretty lady!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails