Thursday, July 22, 2010

It's just orange-ier than peach and slightly pinker than red

I desperately wish I could find another magical shirt like this one.  I read a tip in a magazine once that the best way to learn your "colors" is to experiment with different ones and take notice of people's comments.  If people compliment you when you wear one of shade of red but not another, you can bet that you look best in either red-oranges or red-blues, and you just have to look at the shirts to tell.

I get compliments every single time I wear this shirt.  Rarely do people say, "I like that shirt!", because let's be honest, its just a basic coral oxford.  But people say, "You look cute today!" or "Your hair looks blonder; did you color it?" or sometimes they'll even sum it up like no magazine article can with: "That color looks amazing on you!"

I do have a few other coral shirts (seen here and here recently) and I do notice similar comments sometimes, but they are nothing like when I wear this shirt.  I really should just fill my entire closet with New York & Company's coral!

I got this belt at the Bass Outlet in Allen and fell in love with its preppy vibe.  I'm pretty sure I pictured myself in white shorts, a polo and Sperrys when I bought it, but I haven't tried that yet.  Maybe this weekend?

4 comments:

  1. That IS a great color on you!

    I really like it with the black skirt and white accessories. The belt is pretty fantastic, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is correct! that shade of coral is gorgeous on you. :)

    I get the "you look amazing" comments when I wear bright lapis/royal blue. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way- you had some really awesome looks last week. I didn't get a chance to drop you a comment to let you know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oo I love the color of that shirt and those sandals are just too cute! I've been looking for a pair like this for awhile now and have yet to find the perfect pair.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails