Tuesday, November 24, 2009

First and second day of new job

Pink sweater: Old Navy, light blue oxford: Banana Republic (thrifted), brown pin-striped skirt: New York & Co., beige heels: Bandolino, multi-colored necklace: great-grandmother, Memaw's

This necklace is vintage: it was my great-grandmother's!
I decided it was okay to go a little dressier today. I wanted to wear a skirt, but a cold front came in last night, and I didn't want to pull out any tall boots just yet. I opted to be warm on top so I'm wearing this normally kind of itchy sweater over and oxford. I have been the perfect temperature all day!

Turquoise shirt: Ross, black pants: New York & Co, snakeprint belt: New York & Co., black open toe kitten heels: No idea

This is what I worn on the first day of work. It was a little chilly, and I had been warned that this was a "casual" office, and that jeans were the norm. Well, of course, I'm not going to wear jeans everyday, but I wanted to pick something that could balance the line between business casual and slumming in denim. :P As it turns out, lots of people were in jeans, but there were some in dress pants too, and one lady in a skirt, so I didn't--nor will I--feel out of place in a dressier outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails