Monday, July 2, 2012

Back in the Saddle Again




This shirt was $11.  It was a good investment.
(On the scale of clothing, what ISN'T a good investment for $11?  How about the tiny stomach-revealing knit halter top I bought from Goodwill in 2002 for a 70s Roller Skating Mixer?  Haven't had much use for THAT piece of $11 clothing again...)

I know you can't tell, but this skirt is actually navy blue with white pencil stripes.  When I was a child, I used to dream about the woman I'd be when I wore pencil stripes.  I imagined myself in a loft in New York or California (interchangeable in my childhood daydreams as "Places I Have Never Been To") with a much cooler job than I could ever qualify for in real life.  I also looked a lot like Christy Wills from The Secret of My Success in those daydreams, all big glasses and fluffy hair.  So you didn't always know what you were talking about, Brittany From 1990.


2 comments:

  1. Very pretty. That coral top is gorgeous on your skin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color and the sleeves on that top. Very feminine! And the necklace is cool too. You look beautiful so motherhood seems to really suit you.:)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails